Press Reviews / Interviews
For Nadaband and Bill Jehle - cigar box guitarist, maker, and historian:
- June 14, 2013 - Maisonneuve: A Quarterly of Arts, Opinion & Ideas, "Cigar Notes" by Andrew Guilbert. Focused on Lenny Piroth-Robert (aka Daddy Mojo), Andrew and I talked for nearly an hour about the history of the CBG. Interesting thing was that nearly everything I told him was not even covered in my book, "One Man's Trash." There should be quite a few surprises in there for you CBG history buffs [and after reading it the surprise is on me because it was all incorrect... nice].
- August 17, 2012 - The Toronto Standard "You're Playing the What? (The Cigar Box Guitar)" almost gets the early history right and mentions Jehle's Cigar Box Guitar Museum, the history book "One Man's Trash" and uses detritomusicology in a sentance, by Shari Kasman.
- May 31, 2012 - The Decatur Daily. "Strumming with Style" interview prior to the 8th Annual Cigar Box Guitar Festival, by Catherine Godbey.
- February 1, 2012 - Nadaband is the featured group of the night for Huntsville Homebrew on WTAK. Thanks Big Nate!
- June 2, 2011 - The Huntsville Times, Go! (insert) interview by Sarah Cure. "Where Art and Music Meet." Video of cigar box guitar jam
- January 25, 2011 - Interview and recap of Nadaband performance at the Decatur Carnegie Visual Arts Museum in Decatur Daily. Carnegie Underground
- January 23, 2011 - "The Art of Sound" interview with Sarah Cure for The Huntsville Times.
- January 11, 2011 - Interview with Decatur Daily on "One Man's Trash" and cigar box guitar building demonstration at the Decatur Carnegie Visual Arts Museum.
- August, 2009 - "Cigar Box Nation" feature in Premier Guitar by Bob Cianci. I tell Bob a little about the history of these humble instruments.
- June 19, 2011 - Folklorist Deborah Boykin interviews musician and author Bill Jehle about his interest in cigarbox guitars.
- March, 2009 - An interview by Jonathan Palmer for the Decatur Daily. This is an online extra for "Smokin' Sounds" interview by Danielle Komis Palmer also of the Decatur Daily.
- November, 2008 - An interview by Sam Ford for the pilot episode of Alabama Backroads